The S3FW9FG/F6/F5/F2 revision 0 Secure 32‐bit RISC Microcontroller single‐chip CMOS microcontroller is a smartcard integrated circuit and is designed and packaged specifically for "Smart Card" applications.
The main security features of the S3FW9FG/F6/F5/F2 integrated circuit are:
- Security sensors or detectors including High and Low Temperature detectors, High and Low Frequency detectors, High and Low Supply Voltage detectors, Supply Voltage Glitch detector
- Active Shields against physical intrusive attacks
- Filters (High Frequency and Reset Noise) for preventing noise, glitches and extremely high frequency in the external reset or clock pad from causing undefined or unpredictable behavior of the chip.
- Dedicated tamper‐resistant design based on synthesizable glue logic and secure topology
- Dedicated hardware mechanisms against side‐channel attacks such as Internal Variable Clock and RAM and FLASH encryption mechanisms
The TOE is dedicated to applications such as:
- Network based transaction processing such a mobile phones (GSM SIM cards)